Saturday, July 17, 2010

Couch to 5K

I hate running. But in running's defense...it requires very little gear and I can do it with baby girl in tow. So, I have started this 9-week program called Couch to 5K. I have pretty much been on the couch or in bed for the past 6 weeks...and several weeks before that too! So, the name is quite fitting I think.


I am going to try this along with some Pilates & Yoga classes at LA Fitness. I have just completed week 1 and so far, so good. To keep track of my distance, I am running on the track at the high school. I have to run pretty early in the day before it gets to be a zillion degrees outside. My goal is to do it straight through in 9 weeks. Then I will try to actually run a 5K in October. I guess I am making this public in hopes that someone will ask me how it's going...and if I've given up...then I'll feel like a bum...or lie to them. And I don't want to feel like a bum or lie! So wish me luck...I'm gonna need it!

3 comments:

  1. you can do it Jenni!! I don't run, but I have started walking regularly and I hate the heat as well! I don't know if you have an iphone, but there is an app called RunKeeper (it is also on the Droid platform) that uses GPS to measure distance, speed, etc.....that is what I've been using to be able to walk just on my neighborhood sidewalks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for C25K! I just finished week 4 and I'm starting week 5 tomorrow. Are you using a podcast or timing/measuring distance yourself?

    ReplyDelete